We’ve all been there. You may be there now. That mental and/or emotional space in which you feel lost, confused, unlike your usual self, or simply feel you are not where you want to be in life. My intent is not to bring drab into your space, but to offer tips that may help you get out of this space, when eating a snickers is not enough. Keep reading. Below are five tips to designed to get you back on track when you feel as though you are losing your way.
Way– noun|a method, style, or manner of doing something. 2.a road, track, path, or street for traveling along
I get in spaces where I feel like I’m not fulfilling my potential and feel confused about the direction my life is going in. Often times, being in spaces such as that described above causes me to feel unlike my true self. Simply put, I feel as though I am losing my way. I find myself not exactly on the path I feel I should be on, or feeling spiritual grounded and in peace. If this has been you, fret not because there are ways to overcome this feeling and this moment. Below is a list of tips you can utilize to help you find your way back to your true self. They help me. Hopefully, they will help you too.
Break it down, B:
- Pray: I know this may seem simple, but the tactic gets results. Ultimately, praying will open your spiritual door and make room for groundedness. Often times when we begin to feel as though we are losing our way, it is due to lack of time spent in our spiritual safe spaces. Praying can lead you back to this. Praying will ensure you see results, answers, and changes in the near future.
- Remember your roots: Losing our way can cause us to do things and create habits we normally would not, but thats okay. Roots in this sense refer to core beliefs, values and even goals. Remembering your roots can also help you remember who you are at your core. It was most definitely remembering what I wanted to achieve in this life that helped me get my focus and self understanding back. In essence, remembering what you stand for, what you believe in, what you find important in life, and what you wish to gain in life will snatch you out of the lost space and right back into purpose and fulfillment.
- Surround yourself with love: No. I am not talking necessarily about a lover or a potential suitor. With this tip, I refer specifically to family or friends who feel like family. Position yourself around the people who know the beauty of your being. Surround yourself with family and friends who love you unconditionally. When I feel down, I make it a point to visit home. There I find so much love and often times answers to question I had before my visit. The love you feel from love ones will jumpstart your own peaceful navigation system better than any jump a car can receive. Your family and loved ones are truth and within that truth you will find your way.
- Take a trip down humility lane: You make feel like you don’t know where you are headed or what you are doing with your life, but in actuality, you have already overcome so much. Taking a trip down humility lane is not literal, but figurative. In your mind think about how far you have already come and what you have to be thankful for during the process of your recent evolution. Consider the mental, emotional, or even professional space you were in during the last 6 months to a year of your life. Think about how far you’ve come, then ease up on yourself. When you realize how much you have grown, your current space will not seem so bad.
- Give yourself space to go through phases: The bible says there is a time for just about everything. There is a time to reap and a time to sow. There is a time to tear down and a time to build up. (Ecclesiastes 3: 1-13) You are not the exception, but that is a good thing. This idea reminds us that all seasons and spaces are not filled with understanding, happiness, and blessings. Some are filled with lessons, hardships, and evaluation. With that, give yourself the space and the permission to be okay with this rocky moment of uncertainty. Rest knowing a new season, or time is sure to come and you are entitled to growth and the pangs that accompany the newness.
Take a deep breath. It is okay to feel unsure. Soon enough you will be on your way reaping the blessing you have sown in this season. Remember to connect yourself to your version of spiritual groundedness. Remember your roots. Spend time in love. Refrain from discounting your previous growth. Lastly, and most importantly, give yourself room to evolve.
Thank you for reading.
Be Classic. Like. Share. Subscribe.
Oh, from here on out, I’ve got to realize the powerJ.Cole
Of learnin’ to let go, and just let God
Enjoy the ride
- There is a time for everything, even lows.
- We are all growing and evolving.
- Remember your roots during the hard times.